Thread: I See Red
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This subject seems now to be of perennial interest........that of uniform color. The majority of us have looked forward to seeing our warriors in combatant red.......better known to Texans fans as Battle Red.

There maybe something to our attraction beyond what lies on the surface. Red cars attract more tickets. Red prison walls create more aggressive inmates than any other color besides purple. Red traffic lights and brake lights announce danger.

As researchers have found, red coloration is a sexually selected signal of male quality and the presence and intensity of red coloration correlates to male dominance and testosterone levels. So, athletes facing off against opponents sporting red uniforms might subconsciously feel thrown off their game:

Red is the color of power..........Let us see more red this season............BATTLE RED, that is.

I completely agree. Not only do I want the battle red jerseys to be the main ones, but I also really liked the red pants they had last year. I thought the all red uniforms were the best ones they ever played in. BATTLE RED!!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote