View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #94
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Besides trying to encite a heated exchange, this is what I'm trying to say...

Sometime in August, the coaching staff is going to be sitting in a room, having to cut this team down to 53. When they go over this list:

Brown
Pitts
Winston
Myers
Briesel
Weary
Studdard
Frye
Butler
Eslinger
C. White
Spencer (I know!)
Salaam

They are going to be looking at 3 or 4 cuts out of that group, at least.
Assuming the top 5 guys are locks, then either Eslinger or CWhite has to make the team, then only three of these guys can make the squad:

Weary
Salaam
Butler
Frye
Spencer
Eslinger/CWhite
Studdard

There will be some tough decisions that day. I think it's likely that they're going to have enough confidence in some of that youth to let Salaam go. He's by far the oldest of the group and offers the least roster flexibility... Everyone else on that list, other than Studdard?, can play multiple positions on the line, in theory.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote