View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #90
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Regarding the first bolded statement, ChampionT already covered it.

Regarding the 2nd one, no one said that Salaam would be GIVEN his job. Those days are over. All I'm saying is that, until one or all of those young'uns go out and prove otherwise, Salaam is the better option at backup.

Hell, I liked the Frye pick. I thought he was going to make his move last year. But apparently he didn't show enough to move Salaam out last season. Maybe he will be a better fit under Gibbs' system. Maybe.
we'll see when camp starts.... I can hardly wait
(sings: I got my tiiiickets! I got my tiiiickets!)
You said they would've already cut him if they were going to do that...

that pretty much eliminates the possibility of cutting him in preseason if you say that they won't cut him in preseason. Am I missing something? Sounds like you're saying that he's already earned his spot on the roster regardless of the efforts, improvements, and play of others during training camp and the assessment of the staff of those players in comparison to Salaam.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote