View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #86
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The idea that Salaam doesn't have to win his job in what will be a highly competitive camp doesn't make sense. Faggins has been on the team since 2002. Why wouldn't he be guaranteed a job if he wasn't already cut.. I don't understand the distinction everyone is making.

What's so special about Salaam?
Hell, I liked the Frye pick. I thought he was going to make his move last year. But apparently he didn't show enough to move Salaam out last season. Maybe he will be a better fit under Gibbs' system. Maybe.
we'll see when camp starts.... I can hardly wait

Quote:
a few things:

1. The argument was that Salaam wouldn't be cut now. If the coaches were going to cut him, they would've done it already. My argument is that he'd better be one of the 9 best OLmen on this team if he makes it, and, I don't believe he will be when the dust settles in the preseason.
The fact that he hasn't been cut already merely indicates the coaches aren't all that impressed with Butler or White over Salaam. For example, they knew Jordan Black didn't stand a chance so he's gone. That's not to say that the younguns can't/won't step up in T/C and beat the old man out. If Salaam gets outplayed, he gets cut. No argument.

Quote:
2. Furthermore, I've been saying that if Butler beats out Salaam as the swing tackle, it is at that point that I believe we need to cut Salaam. If Butler can't do that, then I agree he should make the team.
No one is arguing against this viewpoint.

Quote:
3. The tremendous upgrade in coaching combined with the talent and the acquired experience over the past year had better improved the quality of play of Studdard and Frye.
This remains to be seen.

Quote:
4. Watch tape of last season. Salaam was flopping all over the place. He was consistently getting beat pretty badly.
no one said that Salaam would be GIVEN his job. Those days are over. All I'm saying is that, until one or more of those young'uns go out and prove otherwise, Salaam is the better option at backup.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 07-12-2008 at 04:32 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote