View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #84
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
...My point is that with Brown coming on board as the hoped for 10-year solution, youth and future upside gets less weight when selecting a backup. I want to know who's better today if we need him, and who will help make Duane Brown a better OLT down the road if we don't. As to who's better today, clearly at the end of the '07 season, the coaches thought it was Salaam or they wouldn't have been starting him. Both Butler and Frye were available last year, and neither was deemed to be a better option than Salaam. Has the offseason allowed Frye or Butler to become better offensive linemen than Salaam, or has an additional 8 months of time caused Salaam's skills to deteriorate to the point where he's not as good as those two guys? I'm thinking the answer is no. If training camp causes the coaches to say it has, then I'm good with that
excellent angle. great point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I don't think anyone will claim (Frye). He's a 5th round pick who didn't get claimed in the first half of the '07 season, and I don't think 8 games of being inactive will change that for '08. If I'm right, and he does go on the PS, and develops, then great.
yeah. me too. what he said there also.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote