View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #82
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
What's so special about Salaam?
1.) Salaam != Faggins. Those are two entirely different positions. One keeps your QB healthy, the other tries not to get burned deep.

2.) Salaam has about 10 times the game experience that Butler, Frye and Brown have put together. Not for nothing, but what happens if you put Duane Brown in at left tacke in game 1 vs Pittsburgh and Jerry Porter comes in untouched and wrecks Matt Schaub? Put in Butler? Okay, what if that happens again? You at least know what you're getting in Salaam and that's the distinction. As much as we want Brown to succeed he hasn't done it yet, and frankly, I'd keep Salaam over White, Butler, and Frye just because he is a capable LT. He's not great, not even good, but Schaub will at least survive a few games with him in there.

I think that's why everybody is in favor of keeping a 10+ veteran who CAN do the job rather than a rookie or 2 year pro who hasn't played any games that we don't know if they are even capable of playing on this level. Right?

However, during training camp, if it is shown that Salaam just doesn't have what it takes anymore, or that all other options are better, then yeah go ahead and cut him. But I don't think we'll see him getting cut unless we have a lot of great things happen in TC (Like the entire OT department just showing up big). Also, I'd be on board with any decisions Kubiak or Gibbs makes reguarding the line.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote