View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #80
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
When we talk CBs, you guys so infatuated with experience, be sure to pipe up in defense of Petey Faggins!
LOL
Now you knew when you formed this thought it was wrong.
Like 3TP said, its the devil he knows vs. the devil he doesn't. And I'll say it again, if Kubes felt that Salaam was gonna be cut, he would have already released him out of respect. See Quinn Gray or Jordan Black.

Its not just experience
its the QUALITY of that experience vs. the quality of the alternatives.
OLT
Brown, Salaam, Frye, Butler
IMHO Salaam is the better option of the three guys behind Brown.

CB
Bennett, Reeves, J.Williams, Fletcher, Faggins, Molden, Roberson
Once you get past Reeves (we know he's only a placeholder till Dunta is 100%) and Molden (who's this year's project CB) you can put the others in a bag and grab any one of 'em.

My guess is, there's gonna be a free-for-all between Faggins, Fletcher, Williams, and Roberson for that last CB spot. And Petey may have the inside track due to starting experience with the team, but unlike Salaam, it wasn't of high enough quality to make me wanna keep him as "insurance". Actually, no one of that last four inspires gobs of confidence:
- Faggins' photo is in the dictionary next to the word "TOAST".
- Fletch is too small for my tastes.
- Williams was a decent cover guy in Seattle but didn't even make a team last year
- Roberson is a P/S guy without the size/speed that Molden brings to the table.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 07-12-2008 at 04:06 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote