View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008   #34
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have Things Turned Out As Planned?

Well weather has to play some role but I think it works against you. Remember the oilers? Who gave us problems? Pitt (cold weather). Kansas City (coldish weather). Denver (cold weather) Look at Indy. But its not the stadium. Its the way the team is built. If you build a team for a dome (St. Louis, Indy) where you're playing on astro turf and and fast, you will struggle in Dec/Jan.

I think it can work against a team but not necessarily for a team. Indy got killed in NE all those years because they were about speed, when they got into cold icy weather in NE they lose traction and the advantage they had was lost.

The Oilers lost games in Pittsburg, Pitsburg, Oakland, Denver, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Denver, Buffalo, Kansas City from 78 on.

Most of those were cold games. Especially from the Cincinnati game on. We were a dome team, especially with Moon at the helm and the dome did us many favors. You can build an offense around timing in a dome (the run and shoot) but when you get outside... well its a different story.

Just a little food for thought.

As for Reliant. I love the stadium. I say put the best surface out there, grass or turf, and let the best team win.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote