View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008   #28
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have Things Turned Out As Planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That is your experience but it is not a universal truth. I never liked cold weather much growing up. I took up bow hunting about a decade ago and got used to sitting in bitter cold temperatures without an encumbering amount of clothes. Now if it isn't below freezing you will find me in shorts. Some people do get acclimated.
Well, hardly EVER being in cold weather, I'll be the last one walking around in shorts on a 40 degree day. I absolutely love the cold, it feels good to me, and I certainly am not in it enough to become "acclimated" to it (lived in Houston all my life).

Different strokes for different folks, and so it is on a 53 man roster. Just because you're in Green Bay and in the cold and therefore should be acclimated to it, doesn't mean you like the cold any more than I like the heat down here, no matter how much I'm acclimated to it. That's why you see some guys in short-sleeves and others bundled up.

It effects individuals differently so you can't say a team has an advantage over another team because there's too many individuals that it affects differently, regardless of how acclimated they are to it.

If I was on the warm weather Texans, and had to go to Lambeau in December, I'd be jacked up and my effort might be up a notch or two, even though I haven't been in weather below 50 degrees in 2 years. Others might be dreading the frigid temps.

I remember the Chicago game and all the talk of how the frigid weather would affect the warm weather Texans play. Well, we know what happened there. It looked like the Bears were the warm weather team.

With all the different individuals on teams, I can't buy the concept of a New England having an advantage when the temperature drops. Nor do I buy that Houston has an advantage over a Pittsburgh when the temp. hits 95.

35 degrees in Pittsburgh in 2002, Texans win 24-6.
90 degrees, Steelers at Reliant, Texans lose 27-7.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote