View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008   #27
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have Things Turned Out As Planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
They had been publicizing the open roof all week.

They just didn't consider that it is substantially hotter inside the stadium than the outside temperature. It's not just a sauna--when you are sitting in the direct sun at the stadium, it is like being an ant being scorched by a magnifying glass.

There is no way you could have prepared for that game as a fan. You could have been buttnekkid slathered in sunscreen sitting on sheets of ice and had problems sitting in the sun area of the stadium. People had skin seared off of them from trying to sit in the seats.

Fortunately, I had shade tickets for that game and it was so hot I couldn't even drink a beer. If it is too hot to drink beer, it is too danged hot.

The conditions were dangerous.

The Texans want fans to be in their seats and not have to retreat to the concourse. Having a much better team on the field than for that awful Pittsburgh game helps. The roof policy is intended to make sure the most fans, young and old, can cheer on their team.

I do think that they could make the bottom end of that policy lower. 50 degrees inside the stadium is not that cold--no wind.

I know nothing of this condition you speak of.