View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have Things Turned Out As Planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
There is no way you could have prepared for that game as a fan. You could have been buttnekkid slathered in sunscreen sitting on sheets of ice and had problems sitting in the sun area of the stadium. People had skin seared off of them from trying to sit in the seats.

Fortunately, I had shade tickets for that game and it was so hot I couldn't even drink a beer. If it is too hot to drink beer, it is too danged hot.
While I agree that day was too hot for the roof to be open, at the end of the day fans would have been cheering and the policy would not have changed if the Texans had won. A crappy game made for an overreaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
They aren't any more used to it than you or I. I work outside in the Houston heat and humidity and have for the last 15 years, and I can guarantee you you never get used to it.
That is your experience but it is not a universal truth. I never liked cold weather much growing up. I took up bow hunting about a decade ago and got used to sitting in bitter cold temperatures without an encumbering amount of clothes. Now if it isn't below freezing you will find me in shorts. Some people do get acclimated.