View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008   #71
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
OK, let me give this a shot.

QB- Schaub, Rosenfels, Boyd
RB- Green, Brown, Taylor, Slaton
FB- Leach, Cook
WR- Johnson, Walter, Davis, Jones, Anderson
OT- Winston, Brown, Salaam, Butler
OG- Pitts, Brisiel, Studdard
OC- Myers, White
TE- Daniels, Bruener, Dreessen

Total Offense- 26

DE- Williams, Weaver, Bulman, Colvin, Cochran
DT- Okoye, Johnson, Maddox, Okam
LB- Ryans, Greenwood, Diles, Thompson, Adibi, Bentley
CB- Bennett, Molden, Reeves, Faggins
S- Brown, Demps, Earl, Mitchell, Harrison

Total Defense- 24

LS- Pittman
K- Brown
P- Turk

Total ST- 3

Pup- Weary

IR- Robinson

PS- Abbate, Barber, Brink, Frye, Moffitt, Nading, Walker, Jenkins

Well, this is what I came up with for now. I know a lot will change between now and opening day, but this is what I think they will look like on opening day at this point in time. It's a fun exercise that keeps the brain going during this slow period.
your probably right on almost all of these but i don't think Kubiak will keep Cook for another year with not only Abbate healthy but with such a deep backfield. correct me if im wrong but isn't one of the key attributes of Cook's game his versatility. now you have Walker on PS and Walker isn't a bad player. sure 3 out of the 5 RBs on the roster are injury prone but the number 5 looks pretty safe to me.

my only other prediction is that Grice-Mullen will come back during TC unless Simmons, Carter, or Tim McCoy show that they can beat out Anderson for the last spot. It happened with Walker last year and i remember a Rick Smith interview where he said that Walker couldn't believe he wasn't drafted after leaving after his junior season and got destracted during OTAs with that fact. i don't know if that is what happened here but consivably it could be. yeah he played in a pass heavy offense but he was still a threat. i don't know if he beats out Anderson for the 5th spot or even Jenkins for PS but he'll be back.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote