View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN - Scouts Inc- Rankings (QB, RB, WR, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
This is true. I was watching highlights not too long ago because I'm trying to fill my football void, but I saw the play. The ball came out, and he put his arm on it and it was next to his body. Then the Saints player took it away. I got mad, but then the glorious refs paid us back with the Bush fumble later on.

But OD is top five in the league if we can increase his TDs. He has the yardage. I actually think he has one of the, if not THE highest yards per carry among TEs. I don't remember.
Yes, but the Saints were also reimbursed on Mario's sack/FF play. Bastages!

I was curious so I did a little looksee at TE stats and it only solidified my man-crush for OD.

OD was:
6th in total yds - 768
6th in Rec - 63
3rd in yds/catch - 12.2 (Among top 10 TE's - (1)Winslow and (2)Gates)
6th in yds/game - 48
2nd in 1st down % - 69.8 (Gates - 72.0)

It appears OD is primarily utilized in the mid-range routes (10-15 yds) because he only had 8 rec 20+ and 0 40+.

He led the team in 1st down receptions with 44 of his 63 targets. Walter was right on his heels with 43 out of 65 targets.

The only bad stat of his game (which everyone knows) is the 4 fumbles that is twice as many as the next TE.

So, long story short, if we need a 3rd and long...........OD's THE MAN!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ue&Submit=Find