View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Sure there was no RB last year worth a 3, but how about Jordan Gross at LT -a very strategic position and I'm not so sure we made the right choice (don't
get me wrong - I'm a big AJ fan).
The team had more confidence in Pitts than you obviously have and have developed Wand to man the LT spot. AJ at the 3 looks like an astute move to me. Having Jordan Gross and Taylor Jacobs (next WR taken in the second rd that year) is less appealing to me than taking a dominating physical speciman like AJ early. Gross wasn't worth the 3rd pick either.

It is very hard to find special players after the top 10 picks. Gross is a solid Tackle but he isn't any better than Pitts is or what Wand may become.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote