View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Where the draft picks are spent is a function of value and where you have to spend them to get performance at that position."
If I understand what you are saying, the "function of value" refers to the
"best player available" concept and the rest of the statement refers to the
needs of the team ?
Sure there was no RB last year worth a 3, but how about Jordan Gross at LT -a very strategic position and I'm not so sure we made the right choice (don't
get me wrong - I'm a big AJ fan). I guess I'm saying taking a WR at 3 and not a LT, for example, kinda means you've made a commitment to throwing some passes.
As far as the RBs we took, Mack wasn't much of a cash investent and we only used a 4 on DD - if anybody had a clue 'bout DD he would have been gone way before 4. Cass (and the rest of us), just got lucky there.
And you are right 'bout Hollings - they wanted him real bad but I think it was a real reach. Cass does spend aggresively for the guys he wants. I'm still trying to understand the Babin pick - he was really expensive. Maybe he will be worth it ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote