View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN - Scouts Inc- Rankings (QB, RB, WR, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Sorry, but I don't see how Vince Young can be placed above Jeff Garcia and arguably Trent Edwards or Jason Campbell. Maybe having Kerry Collins as backup brought the overall team grade up.

Tennessee wins based on a ball control running game, solid special teams play, and a smothering defense that can score from time to time. Vince has just been along for the ride...
...at least so far.

Well I think he's better than Jason Campbell, but I haven't really watched Trent Edwards much to really agree or disagree.

Vince's rookie year he made quite a few nice plays, and the Titans didn't start winning until he became the starter. The team had more confidence with him out there.

Now last year was a different story. He played pretty poorly all season, but he was hurt for a large part of the season, and if VY doesn't have his legs working for him, then he's not going to beat you with his arm alone sitting in the pocket. Also remember that VY hasn't had jack to work with as far as WR's, so that doesn't exactly help. This season, he still doesn't have any WR's to help him out much. Let's see what he does this year though, before completely counting him out.

Now Garcia is still a good QB, no VY is not better than him at all right now.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote