View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have Things Turned Out As Planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I didn't attend the Pittsburg game in Reliant a few years back, but from what I understand that strategy worked out OK then ? But for the Steelers. And they come from a climate which is anything but like the very steamy, hot climate we have in Houston so go figure ? And many fans were crucified by the temp & humity from what I understand ?
Not to poke at old wounds, but that was the home opener for a team coming off of a 7-9 season. We were playing a team coming off a 8-8 season, so expectations were high. We are painfully aware of how that season went for the 7-9 team, and that 8-8 team ultimately was the Super Bowl Champion. In retrospect, the idea that playing conditions would have a meaningful impact on the outcome of that game is laughable.

As to the overall concept, the Texans went 6-2 in Reliant last year, and are 10-6 in in Kubiak era. This compares to 4-12 on the road. There appears to be a developing home-field advantage. As with so many things about this franchise, if we keep doing what we're doing, everything will be fine. Perhaps there will be a bump or two along the way, but we're doing it right.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote