View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008   #53
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Oh yeah, Barber...

I don't think Salaam will keep his job because he's the 4th tackle. With the talent and depth there now, I think he's gone if he can't beat out Butler. After all, Pitts, Briesel, and Frye can all serve as the 4th tackle- not to mention their youth and ability to play at guard as well. When you only dress seven OLmen, it's better to have someone that can swing outside or play inside.

If Salaam makes the team as the 4th tackle, he'll never even dress unless we have injuries to one of the three tackles.
I really think that Salaam is getting old and run down and it's time that we give someone like Butler a chance to shine. I really like our depth this year and hope that we have this depth for years to come. I really don't exspect a guy like Salaam to make this team when like you said we do have three other guys who are more than capable of playing that LT spot. I really think it's time to get some younger players on that OL and that's what playing Butler does instead of playing Salaam if Salaam does make this team I'd say that he only has another year or two left in this league and that's about it for his career IMO.