View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008   #43
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the 53-man roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm thinking the opposite. If a guy like Salaam (who has been a starter for 9 of 10 seasons with a 2 year tour of duty under Alex Gibbs) is a backup, you've got pretty good depth.
The last thing I want to do is be mean-spirited about a guy whos efforts I really appreciate.

That being said, Salaam is a freakin' turnstyle and he's not impressive in the run game either. I know we only gave up 22 sacks last season. Believe me, I've watched and rewatched every game- except for San Diego ( I couldn't bear that one a second time). Salaam too frequently gets badly beat. We are now in our third year under this regime and we've spent a lot of resources on this line. Salaam doesn't have the flexibility to play multiple positions, he doesn't have upside, and he doesn't do any one thing very well. I think it's a good sign for the team if he can't make the team. If he does, it's a bad sign. That's all.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote