View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News on Texans Prospects

I have a hard time reading any generalized review of the Texans prospects in 2008 without a mention of the Alex Gibbs thing.

He talks about the WR/TE group as one that is a standout, but I think part of that is the system with Kubiak. Other than AJ, I do not believe that any of our other pass catchers are anything special. I believe what Kubiak does with them makes them look better.

And while I acknowledge that the RB group gives me some heartburn, I believe that this is the year that the Texans start really seeing what this offense is supposed to look like with Gibbs. The passing game looked more what it was supposed to sans Carr, and I believe the running game will start looking more like it is supposed to.

I agree with the premise of the article that it has been the defense that has created bigger problems for the Texans. That being said, the offense didn't do the defense any favors by turning the ball over, especially early in games. This puts defenses on the field waaaaay too long. I believe if the Texans get their stuff together in their running game, I believe this will help the defense by keeping them off the field, and by keeping opposing defenses honest.

I believe an Alex Gibbs running game will result in improvement from previous years. My biggest concern is with the secondary. Dunta Robinson or not, they have been the worst performing group from 2005 on. Last year, they simplified the defense because of inexperience and injuries in the secondary. How has that improved any? We've got some new personnel, but they are still pretty green. //praying that Ray Rhodes has some magic from the assistant's position.