View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008   #6
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News on Texans Prospects

Quote:
We ain't playing them this year. The ones we do down the stretch boast some fine rushing attacks. By my count six of eight.
Agreed that several of our nondivisional opponents have good RB's, but that doesn't help them play from behind, and most of them have iffy to awful QB/WR situations. I'm not nearly as worried about our nondivision games as everyone else seems to be. Pittsburgh is on the way down, IMO -- I also wonder if they'll be ready and expecting what we bring Week 1. Cincinnatti always manages to beat themselves, and we play them here. Cleveland is probably the best team in the AFC North and is still a winnable game (although I think going on the road might mean the Browns take this), and Baltimore stinks. As for the NFC, Chicago and Detroit are both games I will be disappointed if we don't win, and I don't think Green Bay will be quite what they were last year. Minny isn't bad, but I don't think they are that much better than we are, although much like our games with Cleveland and GB I think playing on the road could break these games against us. Basically I think we should take 2 out our 3 road games against PIT, MIN, and GB and I expect CLE to beat us. I will be very upset if we don't beat MIA and OAK both. Besides, every AFC South team plays the same teams we do in the North(s), so it basically comes down to our divisional rivals. Gotta beat the Jags and Tacks, and maybe sneak one by Indy when they aren't expecting it.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote