View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008   #241
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Err my bad, when I said indication was Kolb will be the third QB taken, it meant late first round, early second round.

What with Beck at 40 and Stanton at 43.
It can't mean 2nd day for Kolb!

And I brought up the Duane Brown's situation to show that:
1. I wanted Brown.
2. I wasn't sure I'd be willing to draft him that high.
3. However, when all the other LTs (even as I don't think some of them fit our scheme) are off the boards, I now have a decision to make.
Therefore, I never said the pick was a reach.

Another point is that I've said before that if the Texans FOs want to cover all the bases before the draft, they can sign a guy like Garcia, give him a better deal than the Bucs.
Garcia was slated to make $7M if he makes all the incentives (including games played and playoff appearance), but I think he was paid quite a bit less than that.

And we don't have to lose any draft pick.

Neither Kubiak nor Smith can guarantee us fans that MS can take the Texans to the playoffs last year, or even this year.

Sure, I do like the way they operate, I openly supported Kubiak from day one.

It does not mean that I won't question his move or his coaching ability.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote