View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008   #237
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

As the draft drew nearer, several sport sites indicated that Kolb may very well be the third QB to be drafted.

I've seen as high as #20.
Adam Schefter at NFL.com had Kolb going late on the first day or early on the second day.

Where was it that I'm working with hindsight?

Soon as the Browns took Quinn at #22, if you were a GM, you ought to look at the teams and decide where you need to be to pick up the franchise QB that you're looking for.
It's a similar situation with Duane Brown, where the LTs that ranked ahead of him were all gone.
(At least that's how the Texans and I rated him.)

The following is JMO.
On another board, long before the draft, I said if one is ultra-conservative and also not a Cougar-homer that I am, a mid 40 seems fair (that is if you really study your prospects.)
I have no problem spending our 2nd.
And being the Cougar-homer that I am, I said I don't even mind if we use the original #8 pick.

The fact that the FOs decided to go with MS has nothing to do with it, because right off the bat, it eliminates this scenario.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote