View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008   #214
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

while I'm not ready to bust into next years draft I have taken a glimpse of next years QB class & its nothing to get excited about, lots of guys to develop. Brink will have one year ahead of all em. Sage could easily earn a starting spot in the right situation. I would think Rick & Gary have explained the situation in depth with him so he knows where he stands. It might be in everyones best interest to restructure his contract with incentive layden bonus money so he can fulfill his personel matters with still plenty of time to market his services should that 2nd rd. pick materialize (which I think it will eventually). but as I stated earlier its a great position of strength for the Texans going into this upcoming season.

haven't run this idea by anyone (since the Texans have not had this luxury) but if the game is hand why not sit Matt the last quarter so Sage can get his reps & stay sharp? keeping Matt healthier, longer into the season/playoffs.....

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote