View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008   #212
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I really think, after this season is over, the Texans fan base is going to start making noise (more noise than usual) about drafting a round 1 or round 2 QB in the next draft.

All aspects of the team have been tinkered with, with high round picks, except QB. We went after tons of defensive players in the recent drafts, we got a round 1 OL that people have been screaming for, and we even added a 3rd round RB--THAT'S a pretty big leap for someone like Kubiak who traditionally has spent late rounders on the position.

Maybe next year is the draft where QB is addressed a lot earlier than it ever has been. Well, except for David Carr getting picked 1st overall. Doh!
Sure but that scenario is banking on Schaub not being a legit QB. Something tells me Kubiak wouldn't have made such a big leap on the trade and following contract(which i think people need to revisit the terms for it being nicely structured if we wanted to part with him after 3 years) if he didn't think Matt had all the tools to make it. That scenario includes your boy Sage not being it either.

Clinton Portis was a second round selection; Tatum Bell was too. The same could be said for some of the o-linemen Denver has selected. People's eyes get big as saucers because they see a hit in the late rounds and see great value for such late round picks when it's not always that way.

I think realistically unless Schaub proves himself fragile as Chris Chandler he's going to get three years at least here.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote