View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008   #205
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Didn't Miami take a QB 4 picks behind the Eagles?? John Beck... unless you're saying that Philly overrated Kolb.

But with McNabb missing major time for two years running, & he's not getting any younger.. I think it was a good move by the Eagles to get a QB, and start working with him.

but that's just me.
I do think Philly overrated Kolb. I could be wrong but I don't think that Miami would have taken Kolb. But if he's the guy Reid wanted, great. And there may be other teams that were looking at Kolb as a high pick but I just don't remember that much buzz around him going into the draft. (Although I'll grant you that doesn't mean all that much.)

But look at Philly's position at that point, they've got their franchise guy and they've got a backup that led them to the playoffs when the franchise guy was hurt (Feeley.) They needed playmakers and they've got some other big needs on defense as well.

Instead of getting someone who could help immediately, they invested in a risky guy that may or may not transition well to the pros and definitely won't be helping them anytime soon. And they miss the playoffs for only the 3rd time in the 9 years of Reid's tenure but the 2nd time in 3 years.

If they take someone else there, maybe they make the playoffs. Maybe not. But if I'm an Eagles fan (and I am, kinda), I consider that choice a mistake... at least in the short term.

But that's just me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote