View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008   #204
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Take all the logic applied for for the bolded statement and replace Feeley with Rosenfels. McNair realized he made a mistake in the extension to Carr's contract. Daddy Shanahan nixed us making a Jake Plummer trade ironically to TB whom signed Garcia. If I remember right we even trade to make a run at...Patrick Ramsey. That to me alone says how this staff feels about Sage Rosenfels as a starter. Backup is a different story, he is a good borderline great backup.

I'm with Mike on this one. If Schaub isn't the answer at QB then it's in probably playing College ball now.
I really think, after this season is over, the Texans fan base is going to start making noise (more noise than usual) about drafting a round 1 or round 2 QB in the next draft.

All aspects of the team have been tinkered with, with high round picks, except QB. We went after tons of defensive players in the recent drafts, we got a round 1 OL that people have been screaming for, and we even added a 3rd round RB--THAT'S a pretty big leap for someone like Kubiak who traditionally has spent late rounders on the position.

Maybe next year is the draft where QB is addressed a lot earlier than it ever has been. Well, except for David Carr getting picked 1st overall. Doh!