View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008   #203
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
I believe Smithiak acknowledged at the time that the QB question was going to decide the fate of both of their jobs. As said above, they obviously were not comfortable putting their careers in Sage's hands, and they knew they had to cut their losses with Carr.
& I'm fine with that, but no one said they had to have the QB of the future last off-season.

If the guy isn't out there, then in my opinion, you don't go trading away future draft picks, and give a bunch of money to a guy who could be the one.

If Smithiak thinks Schaub can be special, then that's cool, and I'll have my fingers crossed.

But if they had drafted Kolb, or Beck, and he didn't work out, it would be a much easier pill to swallow, IMHO, than the guy you brought in off the street to lead this team to a SuperBowl.