View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008   #197
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

That was a foolish pick on the Eagle's part. Kolb probably woud have been available in the third, possibly even in the fourth. It was a pick on a guy that was/is probably going to sit on the bench for 2-3 years minimum when they could have gotten a starter at various positions that could have helped them make the playoffs last year.
Didn't Miami take a QB 4 picks behind the Eagles?? John Beck... unless you're saying that Philly overrated Kolb.

But with McNabb missing major time for two years running, & he's not getting any younger.. I think it was a good move by the Eagles to get a QB, and start working with him.

but that's just me.

I also would have preferred to stay with Sage, and draft a young QB in the second. Hindsight and all, I think we'd have done just as well with Sage as our starter in '07, as we did with Schaub.

But I'm not bitter....... woo hoo Schaub...... I just think it was a bold move. The kind of move you make, when you see a Bret Farve sitting on somebody's bench.

I know there was talk on this board, that Schaub was the real deal. He was expected to be the big FA of that period.

I never thought that way, but it seems all those people disappeared from this forum, from CNN once we picked him up.