View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008   #189
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No one saw that the Eagles were going to take a QB, let alone one that early. That was a total surprise.

Very few people expected Kolb to go that high and most of those were Houston homers. Kolb was a system QB who wasn't accustomed to being under center and had been in the same system through HS and college. There were a ton of doubts whether he could adapt to the NFL. The Eagles saw something and took a risk and it appears they got it right... but that's not for sure, yet.

That whole trading scenario seems extremely unlikely to me.
Why is it difficult to see that the Eagles wouldnt find another QB?
They did want to resign Garcia. It was when Garcia's agent want to have the time to test the FA market that the Eagles decided to move on.
(Obviously, it was also a ploy to make the Eagles up the ante.)
It tells us that Feeley was not very high in Reid's mind.

Kolb had taken snaps in most of the formation imaginable in Briles' "ingeniusly crazy" scheme.
The fact that Kolb can function well in all of them, including the no huddle, all the quick pass and timing pattern, the bootleg. He ran the standard pro set, the spread, etc.

I did provide a link to Andy Reid's statement about Kolb's capacity to run the WCO.

But of course, a bird in hand is preferred. So I never bashed the FOs in the trade for Schaub. I only wants to know that they did all the homework necessary. And I still think that we pay a little more for him that I'd like. And so it was done.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote