View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008   #22
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84321 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do you rank our WRs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
When you're a WR who:
  • Is going to be 36 at the start of the upcoming season
  • Missed 11 games in the previous season because of a knee
  • Went from Questionable to Out on the injury reports even though you hadn't played or practiced for several weeks
  • Came back for a playoff game and couldn't make it past the half
  • Is possibly going to start the upcoming season on the PUP list even though you've had seven months to recover
I don't think considering the possibility that there may be a permanent decrease in your productivity is simply dismissing a year as "non-typical".

I'm a huge Harrison fan - he's classy, and everything that guys like T.O. and Moss aren't, but it's hard to ignore the reasons why his year wasn't typical.
I agree with what you're saying, but Harrison, to me, is a Jerry Rice type. Rice was great as a youngster because of his speed and athleticism... by the middle of his career however, that wasn't what kept him on top, it was his route running, ability to disguise routes effectively and his hands that kept him on top for so long. Harrison should be back and when he comes back I think he will still run routes with the same precision and still be as deceptive as ever. He's not the fastest guy on the team but he knows how to get open.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote