Originally Posted by Texanmike
Its funny that we dismiss Marvin as done because he didn't have his typical year, but we assume that everything will come together for our team to have a top 5-7 WR corps.
When you're a WR who:
- Is going to be 36 at the start of the upcoming season
- Missed 11 games in the previous season because of a knee
- Went from Questionable to Out on the injury reports even though you hadn't played or practiced for several weeks
- Came back for a playoff game and couldn't make it past the half
- Is possibly going to start the upcoming season on the PUP list even though you've had seven months to recover
I don't think considering the possibility that there may be a permanent decrease in your productivity is simply dismissing a year as "non-typical".
I'm a huge Harrison fan - he's classy, and everything that guys like T.O. and Moss aren't, but it's hard to ignore the reasons why his year wasn't typical.