View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008   #18
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where do you rank our WRs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
our WR1 is one of the top players at his position and when he went out Davis, and Walters proved they can move the chains in '07. I think most fans perceive AJ's supporting cast of WR's as "solid" since they proved themselves competent last year with no real running game and dealing with musical QB's. I think that last year's group was unproven...but they did enough last year to be on the radar of your typical NFL fan this season.
Right on. The 'supporting cast' was solid last year. In particular, I liked what I saw from Andre Davis. Kick returns aside, he was money on the long ball. Sliding in for AJ, Davis averaged 17.7 yards a reception, which was good for 4th in the league for players with 20+ receptions. He was .1 yard short of being tied w/ Joey Galloway for third.

With his new contract and a year's worth of playbook familiarization under his belt, I can see Davis being a big contributor to the Texans offense. Line him up in the slot and you can test nickel dbs/safeties all day long...

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote