View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008   #16
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do you rank our WRs?

I bet if you polled 32 fans from 32 teams, you would find about 16 of them thought their receivers were in the top 5. Its funny that we dismiss Marvin as done because he didn't have his typical year, but we assume that everything will come together for our team to have a top 5-7 WR corps. I'm not saying the potential isn't there, don't get me wrong. But its kind of like in the prediction thread, someone kept saying this game is winable and then marking it a win. If they are winable, that doesn't mean they are an automatic win. In fact I think it signifies that you have a shot but probably aren't the favorite.

I think if I were going in today, I'd take us somewhere in the 6-10 range... I can't say where for sure because we really have a lot of unknowns. Was AD a flash in the pan? Does JJ turn it back around? Does Walter stay Mccaffrey like? We've seen one solid year out of these guys and we're ready to put ourselves in the top 5? I'm not ready to do that. AJ is really the ONLY sure thing in our WR corps and I don't think that a team with 2 ?'s gets to put themselves in the top 5 by default.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote