Thread: I am excited
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008   #29
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I am excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
ME TOO!

Here's a quote from Winston that I heard second hand on LZ's AM show this morning:

"We're going to be dominate in the run game. We're gonna run right f...in' over people"

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this season and the potential nastiness and dominance of both lines!

--giddy with anticipation.
While the Texans rushing offense has to face 5 games this season against the top 5 rushing defenses in the league last season, it is comforting to know that while those teams possess stout rushing defenses their offenses combined average ranked in the bottom half of the league last season.

Vikings rushing defense ranked 1st in the league last season, while offense finished 13th. Tarvaris Jackson heaved the Vikings passing offense to 28th place last season... the Jackson factor along with the Vikings 32nd ranked passing defense last season ought to negate the vikings #1 rushing defense from being a huge factor this season...

Ravens defense is getting old, add to that a New Coach, and offense that is looking for its identity there is good reason to be optimistic here...

Steelers #3 rushing defense last season will be the most formidable of the top 5 defenses...

Titans defense is only getting better, but that offense is atrocious putting the optimism factor back were it belongs...

I imagine the Texans can take 3 out of 5 of these games, considering the 1,2,3 bunch they will be bringing to the QB's of the opponents who have proven time and time again to rattle under pressure...

With the exception of the Jags and Indy who ranked outside of the top 10 with their rushing defenses the rest of the teams on the schedule ranked in the bottom half of the league with their rushing defenses last season.

There is no doubt a lot of reasons to be excited this season, and the schedule filled with QB's who buckle under pressure being top on that list given the reality that the Texans defense will be bringing the heat to the QB this season.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote