View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Where do you rank our WRs?

I've noticed this offseason that some people think our WRs are among the best in the league as a unit. But i've also noticed just as many people think that outside of AJ we are thin at WR due to lack of a true # 1 and some may even say true # 2 WRs.

Are some Texans fans overrating the WRs outside of AJ? I'm positive that has happened, goes with the territory of being a Homer for your team.

Are some "NFL" fans underrating this unit? I think that's true as well. Sure Walter/Davis aren't # 1 WR threats, but I think both are capable # 2 WRs even though they hadn't shown it in their career's up until last season around the time AJ got injured.

What's more I think we've got a nice project player in Jacoby who may turn out being a stud opposite of AJ at # 2. Throw in a solid posession guy like David Anderson and that looks like a pretty solid unit.

I rank our WRs # 6 in the league right now. The Pats, Colts, Bengals (with Ocho), Packers and Cardinals have an edge imo but I think by the end of this season they will break the top 5. This, to me, is our strongest unit and I couldn't believe I actually took the time to argue with Cowboy fans at work who thought the Texans needed to draft a WR in the 1st round!!!