View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #24
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston and Owen Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Dallas Clark re-signed with the Colts on a 6 year deal. The terms weren't disclosed, but I would guess that would be a starting point for Daniels. With guards getting $50 million deals, I would think Winston would be looking for a little more.

But with CBA expired, Winston would be a RFA until 2012 (or until a new CBA is in place). That should help keep the cost down on Winston, somewhat. And it shows just how well the owners negotiated the last CBA. How Gene Upshaw still has a job baffles me.
I don't think it is as much about whether the owners got shellacked, or the players got too much with the 60% thing, as much as it is about the rookies being uncapped and making more than veterans with six years or more of service.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote