View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #186
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I continues to support MS, I only brought this back for argument's sake!
I know, but I've heard these arguments before, and they don't hold true.

Garcia never had the Texans as a consideration. He visited Oakland, then flew to Tampa and signed. You can't sign someone who doesn't want to play here.

Prior to the Schaub trade, the Texans had the #39 overall pick (2nd round). The Eagles selected Kevin Kolb with the #36 pick. He would have been off the board for the Texans. Could the Texans have moved up? Maybe. But, the Eagles had moved back to the 2nd round after trading their first round pick to Dallas (#26). If the Eagles had known the Texans were interested in Kolb, they could have just sat back at #26 and taken him.

Here's the way I look at the deal. The Texans could have Matt Schaub and Amobi Okoye. Or Brady Quinn, Justin Blalock, and Fred Davis (the two players selected with the Texans 2nd round picks). I'll take Schaub and Okoye everyday of the week. Especially, on Sundays.