View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coast to Coast: Houston Texans (in depth write up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Nice article. Fair and balanced and in-depth. Don't be put off by his ragging on our team name selection. I thought it was kinda funny

where/how did you find it?
im part of the texans foreign legion! i go to that site quite regularly.. its simple but has good insight sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Actually the guy is a bit of a smartass and comes off looking totally misinformed throughout the piece...

Sorry, these are only couple of the errors I could pick up on, because I didn't make it through the entire article.....I got turned off by the three paragraphs of name trashing before we even got to actual football talk, but still gave the article a chance, but when I just kept reading information that was completely incorrect I didn't want to waste anymore time on it. Just seemed like another "They're the crappy Texans, nobody cares, let's just get this piece over with and move on to the next division" article.
relax... thats what he does- you dont know him so you wouldnt be expected to realise that. read some of his articles on the other teams- he either makes fun of the teams (eg cards=crads) or some players on the team (pacman etc).. its the way he does it- he likes to evoke the exact reaction that you got aswell as giving you an insight into each team

he makes mistakes in his articles but thats because you're right he doesnt go research them.. hes a studio analyst on british tv that watches alot of games and does quite a bit of research during the season and then writes down what his opinions are researched and watched in these previews from what he remembers..

the mistakes were small though:
-okobi had the triceps injury, not weary
- demps
- abbate... maybe from the article last yr where kubiak was real high on him?

this results in him having a broad, general knowledge of each team- not as insightful as we have because we follow the team closely.. but he knows his stuff about every team and most players and i dont know many more knowledgeable writers about the entire nfl in general

i know i sound like an apologist but i watch the guy and like him.. he knows his stuff and while there were mistakes in it, i thought it was better than the 'their line sux' preview that you get on espn or NFLTA

Last edited by Maddict5; 06-21-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote