View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston and Owen Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Tight end Daniels is solid but I do not expect him to command much of an increase. As valuable as a receiving TE that can block is, Smith will remind OD where he was selected and say "we'll give you a decent deal and you can play here where you belong." OD will take the offer.
What makes you think he would take the offer? Just because Rick selected him, when other team passed on him on the other round? So because he was selected in the 4th round, that should be his value throughout his career? He performing much better then a 4th round player should be.

It's like saying Derek Anderson should be getting paided like a 6th round QB, instead like a pro-bowl QB. Who cares about how they perform in the last couple of seasons, it only matters where they were select right?

You play on a high level so you can be rewarded and recognized on a high level. There are some players that take less money to stay with a team, but OD is still young and haven't gotten a big contract yet. And I see him listening to his agent first and Rick Smith second. I guaranteed another team will offer him much more then a "decent" contract if we don't. Every year a team spend a high draft pick on a TE that can recieve good as well as block, like you said of OD. So why spend a draft pick when you can get a FA like OD who is already proven? We would end up losing OD if we try to lowball him an offer like you think RS would do.

Last edited by J-Russ; 06-21-2008 at 07:46 AM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote