View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coast to Coast: Houston Texans (in depth write up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Actually the guy is a bit of a smartass and comes off looking totally misinformed throughout the piece...

Sorry, these are only couple of the errors I could pick up on, because I didn't make it through the entire article.....I got turned off by the three paragraphs of name trashing before we even got to actual football talk, but still gave the article a chance, but when I just kept reading information that was completely incorrect I didn't want to waste anymore time on it. Just seemed like another "They're the crappy Texans, nobody cares, let's just get this piece over with and move on to the next division" article.
this is the opening sentence of the concluding paragraph...
Quote:
You really would have to agree that Houston is on the upward
That hardly sounds like he's thinking, "they're the crappy Texans..."

And about our name. Something energy or space related (following the Astros/Rockets/Comets theme) would have identified the team with the city of Houston and would made for a much better name which made sense. Since McNair is a horse guy, I could have even accepted something like the Stallions.

But that's water under the bridge at this point and I've gotten used it. They're my team no matter what the name is.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote