View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Winston and Owen Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
As much as we all like Owen Daniels, he's not a special or elite tight end by any means. The reason he looks so good to us is because pre-Daniels we had almost no production from the tight end position. Billy Miller was the only other notable receiving tight end in the history of our franchise. OD is a good player and he can be a very good player for us but I think there are other tight ends like him around the league. I don't think OD will ask and exorbitant amount of money, but if the Texans brass feels like he will then let him go. But I see OD as an integral part of our passing game the next few years unless we manage to get someone better than him.
The dude had the 6th most yards of any TE last year. He also had the 6th most catches for a first down. The only guys better were Gonzalez, Witten, Winslow, Gates, and Cooley. Almost 150 more yards than Shockey and Dallas Clark. Of the TE's in the top 10 in yardage, only Gates and Cooley had more yards per catch.

Unfortunately, he had twice the number of fumbles as any of his nearest competitors.

If he can fix that fumbling issue, he's an elite TE.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote