View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coast to Coast: Houston Texans (in depth write up)

Actually the guy is a bit of a smartass and comes off looking totally misinformed throughout the piece...

Quote:
Fred Weary is serviceable at right guard when healthy, but triceps injuries are hard to come back from. (didn't Weary break his leg?)
Quote:
They signed Chris Brown from the ex-Oilers, and appear to like Darius Walker, last year's undrafted free agent, more than Chris Taylor (really that's strange, because that's not what I've been hearing), undrafted in 2006, but popped in this column. Taylor had one nice game when he finally played last year.(Chris Taylor never played a down last season)
Quote:
Vonta Leach is a tough blocker, while Jameel Cook blocks reasonably well, but lacks size, and seems to have lost his pass-catching skills. Jon Abbatte, an undrafted linebacker from Wake Forest last year, has become a full back this year, and may get a shot at leading the committee through holes. (Seriously where is this guy getting his info. Abbatte will be lucky to be added back to the practice squad and certainly will not be leading our runningbacks through holes this season.)
Sorry, these are only couple of the errors I could pick up on, because I didn't make it through the entire article.....I got turned off by the three paragraphs of name trashing before we even got to actual football talk, but still gave the article a chance, but when I just kept reading information that was completely incorrect I didn't want to waste anymore time on it. Just seemed like another "They're the crappy Texans, nobody cares, let's just get this piece over with and move on to the next division" article.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 06-21-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote