View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008   #184
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I think management did not open up competition because we are too heavily invested in Schaub as our franchise QB. It would not reflect well on this franchise if we were to shell out big bucks and 2 first day draft picks to get a backup quarterback. But, this is not a reflection on Sage. Management chose not to open up competition when Carr was the starter also. Anyone care to make the argument that Carr is a better quarterback than Sage?

Commander Cody's career stats: 21 TD, 28 INT
Sage Rosenfels' career stats: 24 TD, 19 INT

Sage already has more TDs and much fewer INTs. Oh well, lets not let facts get in the way.

Im not saying Sage would make an excellent commander in chief, but I think McCain or Obama should at least tap him as VP because he is a hell of a backup
What I am trying to get at in the first paragraph you quoted is if management thought Sage was a viable option to go with you wouldn't have seen a trade for Matt Schaub in the first place. Which should be a burning question in the Sage for president crowd. Far as Carr goes I think his play has skewed the perceptions of a lot of fans on QB play. Wanting to compare Sage to him isn't saying much really much like those call that he's better then Rex Grossman, T. Jackson or McCown. Way to set the bar low....REAL LOW.

What at least my reference to Sage as Cody 2.0 is in relief he seems viable but as a full-time starter he's going to get exposed.

I've got the feeling this going to get beaten like is it Carr or the oline.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote