View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008   #174
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

I've been kinda staying out of this. But... what the hell...

I like both these guys.

I don't believe the BS about a QB being able to take a team to the SB. It takes a team. A crappy QB can get to the SB and a crappy QB can win it if he's in the right team. With a better QB, you just need less help from the rest of the team. But even with a great QB, if the team is still bad or flawed, he still might never make it to a SB.

I think that either Sage or Matt can get us to the SB as long as we have the other pieces in place. Sage doesn't complete as many long passes as Matt and he's less careful with the ball, but he's also better in the red zone. Matt is great at moving the team. But sometimes he's too careful in the red zone and sometimes he makes bad decisions down there.

I think Matt has the better upside. I think he's going to be a much, much better QB than Sage. I think Sage is as good as he's going to get and I think that Matt is going to improve. So, I think that either QB can take us to the SB but I think that Matt has the better shot.

I'm not too worried about the health issue. Both QBs have been hurt although Matt's issues last year were worse than Sage's issue the year before.

On the other hand, with the way this staff drafts, it would have been nice to have those two 2nd round picks. I think Smithiak could have done a lot with them. But I'm OK with that. I think it was a good deal. And I like having both guys on the team.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote