View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008   #173
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I know this has been covered, but wow it is mind boggling someone can seriously say a L means the QB didn't play well when the QB completes 70% for over 300 yards with no INT's and a QB rating over 100.
See, I have a problem with the "win" Schaub received vs. Miami. This is the game where I didn't feel so good about Schaub.

Looking at the play-by-play, as well as the drive chart, Schaub had a rough time of getting consistent--The lone TD was a run by Dayne. Granted, Schaub had a deep pass to Andre Davis. And he had a few intermediate throws, as well. He was also the beneficiary of a big penalty by Jason Taylor, though.

To me, the story of the game was how Kris Brown field goals saved the day on drives that stalled. I feel that a function of the QB is being able to move the chains, and Schaub just struggled mightily this game.

This is also considering we were playing a Dolphin team who won 1 game the whole year--Not exactly a team who should have given Schaub that many problems, IMO.

If Sage is worse than Schaub, there's no way Miami is able to give Schaub those sorts of fits.

All I can do is hope that the things I see in Schaub were attributed to first-year "starting QB" growing pains. He was in a new place, new faces, new style of WCO. I hope.