Thread: I am excited
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I am excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
From the addition of the Zone Blocking Guru I am stoked about our ability to run this season. I think it will be Plug and rush for a 1000 with our running back core. Lets go Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too, Joe. Me too. Honestly, I'm excited about the start of every football season... but I just think we're going to be contenders this year, so I'm really pumped up. Our schedule looks tough - but really, you never know how teams are going to change from year to year. If we can just pull through that first stretch of games with our heads still on, and without much injury - I think we're going to look good.

I'm actually pretty confident that we're going to have an excellent offense. Gibbs has been great in almost every season he's used this system... and there's just no way we're going to have as many injury problems as last season... so offensively I'm feeling pretty good.

The defense - THAT is what I'm most excited about. I just can't wait to see how Mario will continue to improve, and how Amobi will also step his game up... and I really think we're poised to have one of the better linebacker corps in the game. We just have a ton of straight up ATHLETES at LB, and a couple of guys in DeMeco and Colvin who are bona fide playmakers... and maybe a couple of the younger guys will become playmakers as well.

Anyway- I'm going on and on here... but I wanted to say, I'm generally a pretty pessimistic guy, but I'm really, really excited about football. I can't wait.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote