View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008   #171
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So Schaub completing 70% of his passes(at over 11 yards per completion so this isn't a "David Carr" stat), throwing for over 300 yards and a score is now considered "bad QBing" and not showing up.

I guess it was also Schaub's fault that Houston's defense let a crappy bust of a QB who later lost his job (aaagain...) channel the spirit of Tom Brady and complete 23 of 29 passes (seriously only 6 passes hit the turf) and 223 yards and 2 TDs

Sorry, but your argument falls under that "too much credit, too much blame" thing and I'm not buying it......maybe the defense and anything that resembled a running game should've got on the plane to Atlanta with Schaub.

I'm not one of these Schaub vs Rosenfels guys, I like both of them and I'm just happy we are lucky to have two quality QBs after 6 years of not having one. So now I'll refrain from this "Hatfield and McCoy" mudslinging contest, where posters are tearing down both QBs just to maker "their guy" look better, and I'll just leave it up to the coaching staff to figure it out......after all, that's what they get paid to do.
I totally agree with that sentiment, we do spend a bit too much time nitpicking this or that particular stat to make our favorite guy look better. That was kind of the point of my post to illustrate that if QBs are supposed to beat "bad" teams then Schaub didn't come thru in the Atlanta game. But I don't think that makes him a poor QB. The "...therefore he should have been benched" comment was a bad attempt at sarcasm.

I completely agree that QBs get way too much credit, most of the time, for their team's success and too much blame for their team's failures.

Look, both Matt and Sage have shown they can move the ball in our system. Until someone better comes along, I'm good with either of them.

If Jake Delhomme (an undrafted "whodat" who was a backup on the Saints roster for 5 years and played in NFL Europe) was functional enough to lead a 1-15 team (that was the Panthers record the year before) thru the playoffs and to the S/B then maybe Matt and/or Sage are functional enough take us into the playoffs.

Its all about what you do when you get your shot. Assuming one gets a fair shot.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote