View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008   #170
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Didn't Schaub lose to an Atlanta team that we should have beaten? By the "play well against 'bad' teams" logic, Schaub didn't even accomplish that and therefore should have been benched.

After we'd opened the season with a 2-1 record and with Schaub going back to ATL for ther first time as a starter, he should have been pumped going into the ATL game. Yet he let Joey Harrington show him up.

Right now, as I've said before, Schaub was definitely two 2nd rd picks better than HWSRU, but not two picks better than Rosenfels.

So Schaub completing 70% of his passes (at over 11 yards per completion, so this isn't a "David Carr" stat), throwing for over 300 yards and a score is now considered "bad QBing" and not showing up.

I guess it was also Schaub's fault that Houston's defense let a crappy bust of a QB who later lost his job (aaagain...) channel the spirit of Tom Brady and complete 23 of 29 passes (seriously only 6 passes hit the turf) and 223 yards and 2 TDs

Sorry, but your argument falls under that "too much credit, too much blame" thing and I'm not buying it......maybe the defense and anything that resembled a running game should've got on the plane to Atlanta with Schaub.

I'm not one of these Schaub vs Rosenfels guys, I like both of them and I'm just happy we are lucky to have two quality QBs after 6 years of not having one. So now I'll refrain from this "Hatfield and McCoy" mudslinging contest, where posters are tearing down both QBs just to make "their guy" look better, and I'll just leave it up to the coaching staff to figure it out......after all, that's what they get paid to do.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 06-20-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote