View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008   #164
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage want a chance to be a starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
If you check earlier in this thread, I posted a link to a game where Sage came in in the 4th quarter with the Dolphins down 23-3 and led his team to their biggest comeback win since 1972. 3 scoring drives in the 4th quarter, the final one which culminated in a TD pass to give his team a one point lead with 6 seconds on the clock. If you recall, in 06, Sage stepped in vs the Titans when we were down 23-3, and he threw 3 2nd half TDs to almost put the Texans on top before time expired. Then in 07, he threw 4 4th quarter TDs to put his team on top with under a minute left. Do you not see a trend emerging here? How can you excuse away good performance after good performance? Preposterous.

What that should tell you, is that the staff believes Sage is more valuable than a 3rd round pick.

Im not saying Sage should be the starter over Matt. I actually have a good feeling about Matt, he reminds me of Matt Hasselbeck. What I am arguing, is that the Texans could make a playoff push with Sage as our QB.

man that is so wack. You say Sage was 1-3, but when I go to NFL.com it says he was 4-1, thats so odd. Schaub lost to Indy with a healthy Freeney. Sage lost to Indy withot a healthy Freeney. The Colts whoop our butts +90% of the time we play them. They've have our number up til this point. Doesnt mean Sage isnt a starting caliber QB.

Schaub: 4-7
Sage: 4-1

Thats the official record for the Texans 2007 season.
Schaub took the loss after he threw 5 passes... Sage threw 20 something that game.

Shaub took the loss after he threw 9 passes.... Sage threw 20 something. Sage took those games over in the first quarter well he started the second quarter in the second one.... he was tied or ahead in both of them.... and lost them both. Tell me... he plays 3/4 or more of the game... and is tied or ahead in both and you think Schaub should take the losses? Come on man give me a break. If he had won those games you'd be lauding him for them just like you are with the Miami game 2 years ago.

I do statistical analysis for a living. What a lot of people forget to do is go back and check the validity of the numbers. Especially when it doesn't suit them...

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote